Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fireworks



Contribution by Jonas
The safest time of year to set off fireworks is, for obvious reasons, winter. Right after a snowstorm, there was enough snow on the ground and in the trees to make it safe to play with fire. My friend and I were standing on a frozen river. I set my shutter speed to .5 seconds. My friend shined a flashlight at the ground right were the firework was placed in order for me to focus on that location when we set off the fireworks. He lit them, ran to me, and I snapped away.
It was difficult for me to decide what angle to shoot from, and how far to zoom in. And also, there is added pressure of getting a perfect shot before the firework runs out. I decided to shoot the photos slightly slanted so that I could capture more of the sparks.
While neither of these images are very great photographs, I still wanted to share them. They're an example of something neat you can do with your camera even at night in the dark. After exploring these different things that I can do with my camera, I can then work on perfecting each... but first I need to buy more fireworks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment